PASSION FRUIT TART
For the crust:
2 cups of your favorite GF cookies or graham crackers * I use Nairn’s Gluten Free Oat Grams (original)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter - softened
1 T honey or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place the GF cookies/crackers in a food processor and pulse until super fine. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add softened butter, honey (or coconut sugar) and coconut butter until a dough forms in food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can transfer ingredients to bowl and mix by hand.
- Press the dough into a tart pan with as much pressure as possible to keep the crust compact.
- Bake for 8 minutes until brown. Allow to cool.
For the filling:
7 passion fruit, shelled and scooped out into a bowl
1 1/4 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 dose of The Light Ray
1/4 - 1 cup of granulated sugar, coconut sugar or maple syrup (I leave the sweetener choice up to you! See details below on how to gauge sweetness!)
1 tsp agar agar powder
1 T chia seeds
4 T butter or vegan butter, cold and cubed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat whisk coconut cream + milk, passion fruit (with seeds!), lemon juice, The Light Ray, and 1/4 cup of your choice of sweetener. Whisk constantly for 2-3 mins until bubbling and warm.
- Turn heat to medium low. Add agar agar and whisk until combined.
- Tase for sweetness. Add more if you’d like it more sweet and let dissolve. Taste again.
- Add cold regular or vegan butter and whisk in slowly, little by little, until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Let cool. Add chia seeds. Pour mixture into crust and chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours until set! * A note! You can chill your tart in the freezer if you’d like and serve your tart as a frozen treat. It is refreshing and cooling for the summertime! Use the freezer method if you’d like a more ice cream like texture! Use the fridge method if you’d like a classic tart texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Gluten-free and refined sugar free
1/2 cup honey (depending on how sweet you like)
1 cup lemon juice (or more to taste depending on how tangy you like)
70 drops of The Light Ray (one daily dose)
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- Cut lemons in half and hollow them out, insuring not to poke a hole through the bottom of the lemon. Set aside.
- Bring the honey and 1/2 cup of water to a boil until a syrup is formed. About 3-4 mins. Let cool.
- Mix the lemon juice, The Light Ray and cream together in a separate bowl. Slowly add 1/4 of the honey mixture to the bowl with the lemon juice and cream.
- Add 1/4 of the honey mixture to start and taste for sweetness. Add more if you like it sweeter or stop if your satisfied. Tweak your mixture with lemon juice for tang.
- Freeze the mixture.
- Serve in the hollow lemon shells and enjoy!